The Calculus for Kids (CfK) project transforms the way mathematics is taught to children in school. The project provides our children with an innovative and exciting way to learn Mathematics using specialist computer software with interactive learning materials. This helps young children master concepts usually taught at much later ages.
How is CfK different?
- CfK makes it effective - through introducing techniques to assist children to learn and better understand concepts such as areas and volumes!
- CfK makes it innovative - through developing improved ways of teaching children to understand the structure of mathematical equations through optimizing the mechanisms they will use to symbolically represent those equations!
- CfK makes it fun - through learning modules for integral calculus and differential equations which are easily accessible by students!
- CfK makes it relevant - through developing teaching methods to enable students to derive their own equations for real-world problems rather than just applying existing equations!
- CfK makes it inspirational - through constructing real-time simulations utilizing specialist wave tanks and integrated into problem solving activities to show real world mathematical problems faced by engineers and scientists. This enables students to collaborate in problem-solving activities during the learning process!